St. Joseph's Church
30, Vepery Hifgh Road,
Vepery, Chennai - 600 007.
Phone: 044 2561 0439 / 2561 1202
A Brief History
This Church was bifurcated from Vepery and created as a Parish on 1st August 1930 by Archbishop Most Rev. Dr. Eugene Mederlet. The first Parish Priest was Fr. Mc. Cormacks.
It is memorable to note that two of the Parish Priests who had served in this Parish viz., Fr. S. Arulappa and Fr. P.C. Balaswamy were elevated to be the Archbishop of Hyderabad and Bishop of Nellore respectively. The Church which was renovated recently, celebrated its Platinum Jubilee on 21st August 2005.