St. Paul's Church
11-A, Sathangadu High Road,
Chennai - 600 019.
Phone: 044 2599 4969 / 2599 1306
A Brief History
Thiruvottiyur was erected as a Parish on 25th January 1961. The first Parish Priest was Rev. Fr. John Pillaveettil. Before this parish was erected, the people of this area were ministered to by Rev. Frs. Maria Selvam SDB, who latger served as Bishop of Vellore; Vengota, John Kottaram, Mathew Vettical and Joseph Kottoor. Fr. Maria Selvam started offering Mass in a shed in Sadhandapuram area of Thiruvottiyur. Later due to certain difficulties, mass was celebrated in 1957 and once again Mass was celebrated in a shed, until the new Church was constructed and consecrated for worship in 1961 during lthe tgenure of Archbishop of Madras-Mylapore, Most Rev. Dr. Louis Mathias SDB