Presentation of Our Lord Church
53, Jani Jan Khan Road,
Chennai - 600 014.
Phone: 044 2848 3974
A Brief History
This Church was originally called 'Purification Church'. After the recent reformation of the Liturgical Calendar, it is called 'Presentation Church'. According to the tablet in front of the Church, it was built in the year 1848. Very few baptism entries are made from 1835. From 1840 onwards, regular entries are made in the Registers for Baptism and Marriages. Fr. S. Antony extended the Church in 1964 with funds allotted by the Archdiocese of Madras-Mylapore.