Church of Our Lady of Health
Pattabiram Military Siding,
Avadi IAF Post
Chennai - 600 055.
Phone :044 2639 0897
A Brief History
In order to cater to the pastoral needs of the military personnel and the railway employees at Pattabiram military siding, a temporary shed functioned as a Church, since 1946.
The local Catholics, especially Shri P. John raised enough funds to construct a small Chapel in the place of the shed. This was blessed by His Excellency Dr. Francis Carvalho, Auxiliary Bishop of Madras-Mylapore on 22nd April 1955. Right from 1946, the feast of Our Lady of Velanganni is celebrated in this parish.
In 1973 it was erected as a separate parish. The first Parish Priest was Fr. Philip Manathara who built the new Church.