Infant Jesus Shrine
Manali New Town,
Chennai - 600 103.
044 2593 1387
A Brief History
This is the First Church built for the Miraculous Infant Jesus in Tamil Nadu. This Church was established by Mssgr. John Kottaram on 25th December 1980.
In 1997 it became a full fledged Parish and Fr. Y.F. Bosco was appointed as the first Parish Priest.
The Biblical Tower measuring 73 feet, relates 73 books of the Bible. The beautiful pictures of the Way of the Cross and the mysteries of the Holy Rosary provide meaningful worship for the parishioners and pilgrims.
The motto of the Shrine is 'Love and Be Blessed'.
In the year 2005, this Shrine celebrated its Silver Jubilee. In commemoration of the Jubilee the new Church which is under construction will be blessed in December 2005.
On 8th September 2005, the present Archbishop His Grace, Most Rev. Dr. A.M. Chinnappa SDB, DD, Ph.D, issued a decree elevating this Parish as the Shrine of the Archdiocese.