3, 4th Cross Street,
United India Colony,
Chennai - 600 024.
Phone : 044 2484 8075 / 2480 4106
A Brief History
In 1940 the Church of Fathima had its humble beginning in a garage. In 1946, the Bishop of Mylapore purchased four acres of land and a small chapel was erected with the funds raised by the Catholics there. This Church was a sub-station of Nungambakkam Parish. His Excerllency Rt. Rev. M. Guereeira who was the last Bishop of Mylapore blessed the foundation stone for the present church.
This Church was erected as a Parish on the 10th April 1951 and the first Parish Priest was Fr. Joseph Thamby. On 21st October 1956, the Archbishop of Madras-Mylapore, Dr. Louis Mathias SDB blessed and inaugurated the Divine Worship for the parishioners.