Infant Jesus Church
Labour Colony, Guindy,
Chennai - 600 032.
Phone :044 2233 1643
A Brief History
The Church of Infant Jesus at Guindy, a sub-station of St. Thomas Mount was constructed and blessed by the Archbishop Casmir Gnanadickam SJ on 10th January 1988.
Rev. Fr. Kanickairaj was the first Priest-in-charge. The present Bishop of Tiruchirapalli, Dr. Antony Devotta, was Priest-in-charge till 1993. He developed the devotion to Infant Jesus and popularized it.
Although this Church is in lthe industrial area, it attracts many pilgrims from different places and enjoys the unity and support of the local people.
In 1995 Guindy was officially established as a separate Parish and Rev. A. Anthonyswamy was the first Parish Priest.