Queenship of Mary Church
1/8, Padavattamman Koil Street,
Chintadripet, Chennai - 600 002.
Phone: 044 2845 4878
A Brief History
This Church was erected as a Parish in 1904 when it was known as St. Lazarus Church. It was earlier sub-station of St. Anthony's Church, Pudupet. In 1952, a new Church was built under the name Queenship of Mary Church' and was consecrated on 18th December 1955 by Rt. Rev. Francis Arthur Carvalho, Auxiliary Bishop of Madras-Mylapore. Due to the hard work of Rev. Fr. M.V. Jacob, a new Church was constructed on 1st October 2003. A grotto was built in this Church in commemoration of the centenary celebrations in the year 2004.