Our Lady of Angels Church

Arambakkakm Post,
Gummidipoondi Taluk
Thiruvallur Dist. - 601 207
Phone:044 27948244

A Brief History
This Parish was erected in 1942 by the then Archbishop of Madras Dr. Louis Mathias SDB. In 1912, Rev. Fr. Ignatius founded this mission centre. In 1913 he built a small chapel with a thatched roof and dedicated it to the Blessed Virgin Mary. This Church was blessed by Archbishop of Madras, Dr. John Aelen in 1914. In 1932 the Sisters of St. Ann's started a school. In 1981 Fr. C.J. Mani built a small grotto for Our Lady of Lourdes. Fr. Joseph Victor started the St. Mary's Nursery and Primary School in 1991. This School was the later upgraded into a middle school and a new Parish Church constructed in 2003 by Fr. Roche Chinnappa. Many Chapel in sub-stations in Thandalam, Elavur, Naidukuppam were constructed by Frs. C.J. Mani and M.J. Devsia.